RTEMS : Development areas

Angelo Fraietta angelo_f at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 13 21:00:04 UTC 2002

I am using RTEMS for the Smart Controller -- an Algorithmic musical
instrument that removes the requirement for a laptop computer in many
electronic music performances and installations -- using a DIMMPC, which
is basically a 386 BSP with no co-processor.
I am able to simulate the hardware using a standard PC, which means I
was able to develop the software before getting the hardware.

As I am using the device for music, latency is a big issue. I have found
that RTEMS more than meets the requirements I need. I have successfully
used the instrument in a performance last September.

Additionally, the support for RTEMS is fantastic, which is something a
developer needs to take into consideration.

You can find out more about it through my homepage.

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303