Support for cyrix 486

Thu Nov 14 15:46:33 UTC 2002

Sachin K wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i know that RTEMS supports x86 processors .. but, anyone know, whether RTEMS
> supports cyrix 486 CPU core ??

It should be able to use either one of the pcXXX variants.
Some people (including myself) have Elan based boards and use
pc386.  That means it has no 486 specific features and
an FPU.  Look at make/custom/pc* and see which matches the
CPU flags gcc requires.

FWIW my old PC was a Cyrix 486/133 and it ran RTEMS.  I just don't
remember the details anymore.