Query based on : LILO for RTEMS

Joe Samuel sjoe2 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 03:20:48 UTC 2002

Hi Rakesh,
  I had the same problem as you mentioned, but I've
managed to boot in to RTEMS using the GRUB
commandline. Here's how.
   'You were able to create the GRUB 'boot floppy'
mentioned in that mail rt? If not you can create this
thru the commands:
  cd /usr/share/grub/i386-redhat
    Here you'll find the stage1 and stage2 files
needed. dd it to the boot floppy
 >dd if=stage1 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 count=1
 >dd if=stage2 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 seek=1

The grub boot disk is ready. Boot using it and in the
grub shell issue

>root (your hd partition with the rtems executive)
  At this point, you need to know how grub addresses
your devices. Hard disk 1 is termed as hd0 and
partitions are numbered from 0.(I'm talking about
grub0.91. Seems that the partition numbering in
earlier versions was different). Let your rtems
executive name be hello.exe and the partition be the
third one. Then you'll give

>root (hd0,2)
       Now set the kernel image using
>kernel hello.exe
 The next step is
>boot
  You're done.
best of luck
Joe

 --- Erwin Rol <erwin at muffin.org> wrote: > Hello
Rakesh,

> As you can see in the email header i also sent this
> mail to the RTEMS
> list, which is normaly the best place to ask
> "gerneral" questions. I
> personaly don't know grub to well , and can't really
> give you any help
> on that topic, i just sugested trying it to make
> sure the problem you
> had was really lilo related.
>
> To everybody else, just read the mails below and
> maybe someone can give
> Rakesh some help ?
>
> - Erwin
>
> On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 07:50, Rakesh.V.R wrote:
> > Hi Erwin,
> >      Thanks for your reply. I tried to boot with
> GRUB following the
> > directions specified in the HOWTO doc, provided
> along with the RTEMS
> > snapshot. But on giving the "install" command,
> "File Not Found" error is
> > displayed. I've attached the HOWTO doc with this
> mail.
> > I tried using plex86 simulator. Still not
> successful to run RTEMS based
> > application. Expecting your suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rakesh

name=signature.asc