Debug How to

Mon Nov 18 16:14:56 UTC 2002

Imran Ali wrote:

> I'm new to this list and to RTEMS. Please correct if I'm wrong. From
> the RTEMS debugger server specification
> http://www.engr.usask.ca/classes/EP/414/lab/rtemsdocs/rgd
> b_specs/rgdb_specs00013.html, I can tell you that you need to
> implement your own debugger server. But for that you need to be a bit
> geeky. You'll need to search for Sun's RPC, implement a lots of
> things, etc.. etc.. I hope somebody in this list might have a
> prototype for that.  But why don't RTEMs sources include such a
> prototype or a debugger server implementation.

Are you in Eric Norum's class or just using his documentation? :)
I can't believe he would leave students to write a debugger
stub as a first exercise in a lab.

On many boards, there is already a debug stub with the BSP.  It
is just a matter of turning it on.  On others, it is a matter
of providing the board specific hook routines for IO.