new snapshot (ss-20021118), etc

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Mon Nov 18 23:38:20 UTC 2002

Am Mon, 2002-11-18 um 23.48 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > Thanks for reporting this last time.  Ralf is looking into it.  He is
> > > trying
> > > to resolve conflicts between various versions of automake/autoconf and
> > > this
> > > is unfortunately a side-effect.
> > True. However this problem only occurs if using whitespace separated
> > lists as arguments to configure options,
> >
> > eg.
> > configure .. --enable-rtemsbsp="foo bar"
> > or
> > configure .. --enable-bare-cpu-cflags="-Dfoo -Dbar"
> >
> > If not using whitespaces, everything should work out fine.
>
> I am confused. Is this a configure invocation problem or the same
> as PR312?
Both.

Stephen quotes improperly, which then triggers the bug. If he had quoted
properly, a he would have encountered similar problems later.

[Background: autoconf's internal quoting of configure arguments has
changed. These quoted configure arguments are processed and passed down
to subdirectory configure scripts. During this processing quoting of
lists gets lost and causes them to be passed as separate arguments
instead of one.]

Ralf