memory footprint

Wulf Hofbauer wh73 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 26 19:58:09 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:13:04AM -0800, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> by disabling the console and termios, I was able to get it down to
>
>   32992    2656    7592   43240    a8e8 o-optimize/minimum.rxe

That looks better, although I'm not really happy about those
numbers either.

> > Part of the problem is, on m68k, that there's a block of 9 kb of
> > uninitialized data space embedded in the code section.
> where?

c/src/lib/libbsp/m68k/shared/start.S starts with a jump to an
entry point, immediately after that it reserves a lot of space
for interrupt stacks, exception vector tables, etc. I'm still
wondering what the real reason for that is. I don't think anyone
would do things this way without a very good reason.

- Wulf