OpenCVS was Re: Anyone using ACE with RTEMS?

Jack Cawkwell J.Cawkwell at open.ac.uk
Mon Nov 25 08:26:33 UTC 2002

Opencv did once depended on a proprietary intel library,
but the latest version does not. A couple of years ago
it didnot compile properly under linux, but the latest
version I have looked at compiles OK. The examples work
straight out of the box. The only problem I have with it
is that it is written in a very old fashion style of C,
very much not OO. It is also written as wrappers to low
level functions, so for the few routines I need I have
tried to use C++ objects to wrap the lower level routines.

On a plus side, the routines do seem to work very well.
I have had difficulties with the calibration functions,
but do have something now that does the job.

Jack