[Fwd: rtems ESH]

Tue Oct 15 22:06:10 UTC 2002

Glen.. list .. any ideas?

-------- Original Message --------
From: daron chabot <djc915 at mail.usask.ca>
Subject: rtems ESH
To: joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com

Mr. Sherrill,

The ability to dynamically download object modules would be a great
benefit to my M.Sc. project ( not to mention the RTEMS user/developer
community!! ).  However, after obtaining the tarball from the OAR ftp
site, I was unable to successfully build the ESH code on my Pentium 3
(450 MHz), running RH 7.2.  I am not an expert by any means, but the
Make process appears incomplete: I cannot locate the "esh" directory or
executable ( is the Makefile missing Install directions ?? ).

I am using rtems-ss-20020528 and the latest binutils, gcc, and newlib
tools on the above build-machine to create applications that run on an
identical machine.

Any suggestions or assistance that could help with getting the embedded
shell/dynamic loader working would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Daron Chabot