Application in c

Maillet, Jean-Baptiste Jean-Baptiste.Maillet at eads-telecom.com
Tue Oct 22 08:21:50 UTC 2002

I'm not sure I get your question:
"I think the normal gcc compliler provided along with Linux is enough to
compile the same"
The same what? If you mean enough to compile the UNIX BSP, which is kind of
a simulation target, or for your PC's x86 system as an x86 target, yes
that's enough.
" But for that, what options are to be used?"
You mean for application code, not for rtems+sample? See below.
"But the folder structure mentioned in the documents were not created
properly"
What folder structure in what document?
"Got some sample executables.But don't know how to create the same from
their source"

To create an rtems application, you should use the rtems build system: once
you've make and make install of rtems, look the README in
/opt/rtems/share/rtems/ It explain how to build an application from a tree
outside the rtems source tree.

For what it worth: I examplified this here, rebuilding the "hello" sample
for the UNIX BSP and an example m68k target:
http://botzilla.free.fr/node6.html#SECTION06500000000000000000
Warnings:
This is based on 20020301 snapshot - find and grep are your friends if this
have changed.
My feet are wet, but I'm only knee deep in rtems and by no mean an expert:
possible mistakes.
There is some info here, but it seems to be outdated from rtems 4.5.0
(/opt/rtems/share/rtems/README is much clearer):
http://www.oarcorp.com/rtemsdoc-current/html/started/started00057.html
<http://www.oarcorp.com/rtemsdoc-current/html/started/started00057.html>
--
JB Maillet