rtems_filesystem_current issues

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Sat Oct 26 07:27:30 UTC 2002

Till Straumann wrote:

> Wouldn't it make more sense to make the 'current' and 'root'
> locations part of the C-library's per-thread 'reent' structure?

I am not sure about adding to the reent struct. It is a nice place to
store things as the cost per context switch is the second cheapest,
how-ever if I understand what you are asking this means changing newlib.
Maybe we should look for other solutions with the smallest performance
cost first, that functionally solve your requirements.

I am only looking at the performance issues here not your functional
requirements, and anything based on taskvars concerns me.

 Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au