build rtems

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Mon Oct 28 11:46:04 UTC 2002

Am Mon, 2002-10-28 um 11.53 schrieb Heng Chun Meng:
> Ok.
> Now that i have the config.log produced. What should i check?
> It look fine to me... ^_^!
Yes, mostly ... except for one thing, which probably is the cause of
your problems ..
> Thanks for any comment.
Interspersed below

[..]
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /opt/rtems/bin/
PATH: /opt/rtems/i386-rtems/bin/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This should not be in $PATH

/opt/rtems/i386-rtems/bin contains the target-tools in their
non-canonicalized form (i.e. without the <target>-prefix).

Depending on where your host-gcc (cygwin's gcc) is installed, this can
cause RTEMS configuration scripts to pickup the target-gcc
(/opt/rtems/i386-rtems/bin/gcc) instead of the actual host gcc (I don't
know where you have it. Probably /usr/bin/gcc).

Therefore, I'd recommend you to take /opt/rtems/i386-rtems/bin out of
$PATH and to make sure that `which cc` points to cygwin's gcc
(cp /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc or ln -s /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc)

and to make sure that `which i386-rtems-gcc` points to
/opt/rtems/bin/i386-rtems-gcc.

Furthemore, make sure that /bin/sh is bash (If necessary: cp /bin/bash
/bin/sh)

As an additional test you also can run cccheck's configure for the host.
(i.e. without --host)
./configure

Ralf