Possible problem with malloc_free_space using ss-20021007?

Tue Oct 29 13:34:47 UTC 2002

Fabrizio Pirovano wrote:

> I am not sure  if this patch can solve your problem but I found a little bug
> in regiongetinfo.c function
> (see attached file).

Yep.  Looks like a minor bug to me.   I think it would have resulted in
the information being returned and you getting an RTEMS_INVALID_ADDRESS
error.
And unfortunately, malloc_free_space
(cpukit/libcsupport/src/mallocfreespace.c)
compensated for this with similarly reversed logic. ;(

  if ( !rtems_region_get_information( RTEMS_Malloc_Heap, &heap_info ) )
{
    return (size_t) heap_info.free_size;
  }
  return (size_t) -1;

> With this, I obtain good result on my target.

Any idea how it is getting by the backwards check in mallocfreespace.c?