Citing RTEMS

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Thu Oct 3 01:09:54 UTC 2002

Angelo Fraietta wrote:
> Does anybody know how to cite RTEMS in a thesis.
> I am particularly interested in author details

Here is a start from the FAQ:

1.6 Where/why was it developed?

RTEMS was developed by On-Line Applications Research Corporation (OAR)
for the U.S. Army Missile Command prior to that organizations merger
with the Aviation Command that resulted in the new command, U. S. Army
Aviation and Missile command (AMCOM). The original goal of RTEMS was to
provide a portable, standards-based real-time executive for which source
code was available and royalties were paid.

In other words, RTEMS was open source before open source was cool.

I am not sure the last part of the first paragragh is correct. I suspect
is should read "no royalties were paid". Joel ?

  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au