dos-fs

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Sat Oct 5 07:16:05 UTC 2002

Hi Peter,

long filenames are definitively not supported right now. AFAIK
big partitions should be supported, but I have tested the code
only with relativly small devices (about 128MByte).

wkr,
	Thomas.

> Hi Thomas,
>
> just a question before I reformat my dosfs :-) Does the current dosfs implementation support long file names and partitions larger than 2GB? The driver code shows that all partition types like FAT12 ... are accepted during mount, but I don't know if higher layers of the fs code are prepared to
handle large partitions and long file names.

> What is the status of the dos-fs code?
>
> Peter
>
> --
> "This is an object-oriented system.
> If we change anything, the users object."

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
PGP public key available at: http://www.imd-
systems.de/pgp_key.htm