4.5.1-preview

Tue Oct 8 20:28:03 UTC 2002

I'm not joel at ieee.org so watch out when replying. :)

Steven Grunza wrote:

> What is the status of the pre-view?  I was using a snapshot (20020301) but
> got hosed by the lack of configure.in files.  I'm now trying to use the
> 4.5.1-pre3 tarball.

RTEMS snapshots are generally quite stable.  Both 4.5.1 and
20020301 are quite old at this point so if you don't have all the
tools for them already installed, I would recommend going to
a more modern snapshot.  I know that some of the older RPMs
are difficult to get installed on newers versions of Linux.

> The first two things I've found are:
>
> 1)   that depcomp is missing from the top level (or not built correctly if
> it is the result of the bootstrap)
>
> 2)  An incredible number of <AM_CPPFLAGS or TMPINSTALL_FILES etc) must be
> set with `=' before using `+=' warnings/errors

Sounds like an automake/autoconf version problem.  Why don't you simply
try the latest snapshot and the tools that came with it?