Is newlib-1.10 required for ss-20021007?

Wed Oct 9 13:41:12 UTC 2002

Phil Torre wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 07:02:21PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >

> > How about just
> >
> >   + hacking your installed pthread.h to define PTHREAD_CANCELED
> >     and moving on...
> >
> > OR
> >   + revert the patch in your local cancelrun.c
> >
> > --joel
>
> OK, I gave Door #1 a try.  That got cpukit to build, allowing networking
> to break.  I think I'm stuck on ss-20020628 until I can move to a newer
> newlib.

There is another issue which will eventually force an upgrade.

Just as post 4.5, some header
files moved from RTEMS to newlib (pthread.h being the big one), there
has
recently been some more .h file movement.  There were multiple cases
where
newlib and RTEMS installed .h files which technically conflicted.  It
was
not ambiguous which one you really included but with the movement to
treat RTEMS like libc.a, it was becoming so.  For example, say newlib
had a machine/types.h and RTEMS had a machine/types.h.  The RTEMS one
formerly was under the BSP install point so no conflict.  But with
RTEMS now putting most .h files in the same directory as newlib, there
was a conflict and we had to make sure there was only a single canonical
version of each .h file across gcc, newlib, and RTEMS.