problem building the latest snapshot

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Wed Oct 16 19:34:48 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 11:21  AM, Mario Vieira wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade to the latest snapshot but I'm getting trouble
> doing it.
> I've installed the latest tools available from OAR ftp' site:
>
> (Base and i960)
> Binutlis
> Gcc
> Gdb
> on RedHat 7.1 (with no upgrades).
>

> When I run "configure" i get a message that i960-rtems-gcc is not able
> to produce executives.
> Could any help with this?

The best way to track down this problem is to create a dummy C file
(say a.c) containing the single line

main() {;}

Then try to compile this with the cross-compiler and see what errors
are reported:

i960-rtems-gcc a.c

BTW -- isn't the i960 a 'deprecated' architecture in gcc now?

--
Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>
Department of Electrical Engineering