How to use rdbg?

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Wed Oct 23 16:50:11 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002, at 10:06  AM, Till Straumann wrote:

> Bert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> because i am not so familiar with RTEMS, i have one question about
>> rdbg.
>> if i want to remote debug a programme
>> named "hello.exe" through ETHERNET,how to boot the target, use
>> bootp,netdemo.exe, hello.exe or other ways?
>>
> This is documented. (See OAR webpage). The latest version
> is at
>
> ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/cd-working/rtems-doc-20021016/share/
> rtems/html/rtems_gdb/index.html

I sympathize with the author of the original message.  I found the
remote debugging documentation tantalizingly (and frustratingly)
incomplete in that I could not see an example of what code has to be
present at the target end.   The documentation and examples are all
about the host end of the link.
Or perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place.
--
Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>
Department of Electrical Engineering