Problem building the ss20021007

Paul Whitfield paulw at microsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 24 09:26:42 UTC 2002

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Am Don, 2002-10-24 um 10.44 schrieb Paul Whitfield:
>
>>Joe Samuel wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Paul,
>>>    thank you for your valuable advice, but I'm still
>>>stuck up with something else. Here's the relevant
>>>build trace:
>>>../cpukit/score/cpu/unix/cpu.c
>>>rm -f o-optimize/libscorecpu.a
>>>no ruv o-optimize/libscorecpu.a o-optimize/cpu.o
>>>gmake[6]: no: Command not found
>>

>>Do you have a environment variable
>>called AR set to NO?
>>
>>This could be the cause.
>
> No, all this indicates that your PATH is set up wrong and that you are
> trying to apply a non-functional or bogus toolchain.
>
> Furthermore, you MUST NOT set CC or GCC nor AR, NM or whatever from your
> environment before running configure - This definitely is wrong!

Hi Ralf,

Sorry if my advice was wrong, but certainly I have
always had to (on older snap-shots, 4-5-0) set either create a
link or set GCC=cc.

Before I offered this advice I did confirm that it works!

As for the second problem I was suggesting that there was an
INCORRECT environment variable AR that was set to NO!

Best regards

Paul