rtems netdemo

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Mon Sep 2 15:45:25 UTC 2002

Bert wrote:

>Hi, I am a newbie with RTEMS.
>Recently I want to test the example
>package netdemos-4.5.0/netdemo,
>my target computer is pc386 with
>3C509B-TP0 network card,
>but some errors occurs:
>
>3C509: attach() called.
>3C509: isa_probe() looking for a card ...
>1 3C5x9 board(s) on ISA found at 0x300
>3C509: I/O=0x300, IRQ=10, CONNECTTOR=UTP, ADDRESS=0060 083d 3b21
>3C509: attach() is complete.
>Can't bring ep1 up: Too many open files in system
>
>I am puzzled,but do not know how to solve it,
>it has taken me about one week!
>
>Thank you for your help in advance.

I think you are running out of file handles. Increase the number of file
handles in the configuration file.

In your "confdefs.h" file, you will see something like:

/*
 *  File descriptors managed by libio
 */
#ifndef CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS
#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS 3
#endif

Overwrite this number to 10 or something like that.

Rosimildo.