Success using the IDE code

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Sep 10 07:59:47 UTC 2002

Hello,
> and it would really slow down throughput. On the other hand I
> don't think there is any IDE interface having gaps in the
> address map, so maybe performing direct accesses to the
> registers (at variable addresses, with variable Endianess)
> would be acceptable. What do you think, Joel?
	I am not good in IDE interface, but have my PCMCIA driver working for several
years with PCMCIA ATA flash cassettes. The ATA interface seems to be very
similar to the IDE (if not the same).
	So may be this tip will be useful: the PCMCIA interface has TWO fields (with
possible gap) of registers - CIS area where you define many parameters and
between them your mode of operation (PIO, IDE, memory mapped...) and ordinary
registers (event, data, status, etc.)

BR
--
leonp at plris dot com