Increasing CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK

Angelo Fraietta angelo_f at bigpond.com
Thu Sep 19 06:26:27 UTC 2002

Would increasing the CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK define reduce
interrupt latency? I have a large number of interrupts happening and was
wondering that by increasing this time, the kernel would spend less time
servicing the task scheduler?, thus giving the external interrupts I
receive a bigger slice of the Pie.

It is currently set at 1000, so would increasing it to 2000
theoretically give better performance for interrupts?

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303