errors while building rtems in cygwin

sudhir pola surya_hi at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 10:50:37 UTC 2002

Hai All,

i am trying to build rtems in the cygwin environment on Win NT 4.0 using rtems-4.5  version(rtems-4.5.0-jg3.tar.gz)

Getting the following error while doing a configure ..

checking for executable suffice... configure:error:installation or configuration problem:
compiler cannot create executables.
configure:error: ../../../rtemsos/tools/build/configure failed for tools/build.

I am using the following command in the build directory

../rtemsxxx/configure --target=sparc-rtems --enable-rtemsbsp="leon1"

The above works fine when i am trying to build on linux. can anyone help me out.

Thanx in adv.

Sudhir