message_queue_create hangs the system

Ian Caddy ianc at microsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 23 03:11:13 UTC 2002

Hi Victor,

If you are making the hello world example out of the rtems tree, you
will need to make sure that you have the correct managers configured in
your makefile.

In the directory that you are building the example, there should be a
Makefile.

In it there will be a line like:

MANAGERS=io event semaphore

In here you need to include all the parts of the operating system that
you require.  If you require all parts, change your line to be:

MANAGERS=all

If you don't include the particular manager you are interested in, a
stub from /rtems/c/src/exec/rtems/optman will be used.  These will
perform an _Internal_error_Occurred function which will halt you program
execution.

If you just want the message queue stuff, just use the line:

MANAGERS=message

For other examples look in the samples included in the rtems tree under
/rtems/c/src/tests.  Look into the makefile.am for the different options.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Ian Caddy

ianc at microsol.iinet.net.au
Microsol (Aust) Pty Ltd
Suite 4, Enterprise Centre 3
11 Brodie Hall Drive
Bentley, WA, 6102
Phone: (+61) 08 9473 6600 Fax:   (+61) 08 9473 6699