rtems netdemo

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Mon Sep 2 23:44:51 UTC 2002

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> Rosimildo da Silva wrote:
>
>> Bert wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I am a newbie with RTEMS.
>>> Recently I want to test the example
>>> package netdemos-4.5.0/netdemo,
>>> my target computer is pc386 with
>>> 3C509B-TP0 network card,
>>> but some errors occurs:
>>>
>>> 3C509: attach() called.
>>> 3C509: isa_probe() looking for a card ...
>>> 1 3C5x9 board(s) on ISA found at 0x300
>>> 3C509: I/O=0x300, IRQ=10, CONNECTTOR=UTP, ADDRESS=0060 083d 3b21
>>> 3C509: attach() is complete.
>>> Can't bring ep1 up: Too many open files in system
>>>
>>> I am puzzled,but do not know how to solve it,
>>> it has taken me about one week!
>>>
>>> Thank you for your help in advance.
>>>

> Will the netdemo application probe for a card. I was wondering this
> because the DIMMPC I have has an inbuilt network I/O and haven't
> looked at configuring it. Does the netdemo app probe for different cards?

The probe of the "card" is done at the driver level when  the
application, in this case netdemo,  does
the network initialization.

When the driver tries to add itself to the list of drivers, rtems
"kindly" let the driver
know that the system is out of handles. <g>

Rosimildo.