How to make pipe on RTEMS?

Vladimir Nesic vnesic at dkts.co.yu
Fri Sep 20 15:47:12 UTC 2002

On Friday 20 September 2002 16:47, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> > Hi Vladimir,
> >
> > > Thank You for answers, but now I have a question about sockets:
> > > Is it possible to make a socket of type AF_LOCAL under RTEMS?
> >
> > no, it ain't. I have tried it out some weeks ago
> > because it would be a very fine replacement for
> > pipes, but it seems the AF_LOCAL address scheme
> > is not implemented in the RTEMS networking stack.
>
> I don't know if this is the problem but ...
>
> Do you have the loop driver in your configuration?

I do have it, but but the problem is that I don't need one, but unknown
number of pipes. If I go through loopback interface with AF_INET I must
include some counting to avoid two threads listening on the same port
:(

I have checked out how socketpairt is done on linux, and they make a
socket and asign two filedes to it, but in rtems code there is call to
rtems_panic if there are two threads waitng for the same socket :(

Vlada