DOSFS and Smartmedia

Victor V. Vengerov vvv at oktet.ru
Wed Apr 9 18:59:19 UTC 2003

Brett,

I'm not sure technical details about SmartMedia interface. As I know,
CompactFlash cards has IDE emulation mode, therefore ata driver may
be used for it; you need to implement board-specific libchip driver only.

If SmartMedia supports no IDE emulation, you have to implement
the block device driver. You may look cpukit/libblock/src/ramdisk.c
and cpukit/libblock/include/ramdisk.h as very simple example of
disk device driver.

Basically, block device driver should provide initialization and ioctl
function. Minimally,  BLKIO_REQUEST ioctl command should
be implemented.

Look for request structure description in
cpukit/libblock/include/rtems/blkdev.h

Regards,
Victor

--