Rif: Re: Working with Cygwin

silverio.di at qem.it silverio.di at qem.it
Tue Apr 15 13:41:00 UTC 2003

peraps depends by extraction phase from bz2 files,
I've used the WinZip.exe program because I don't know the correct way to
do same thing with GNU tools....

I've used bunzip2 & tar in this way:

bunzip2 xxxx.bz2
tar -xf xxxx.tar (result from bunzip2 operation)

where xxxx.bz2 are oarcorp prebuild binaries for m68K. 386, SH
microprocessors
and they are located onto root directory

If I mistake the arguments on bunzip or tar please write me the right
options

bunzip2 [options] xxxx.bz2
tar [options] xxxx.tar  (result from bunzip2 operation)

thank you very much :)

                      Joel Sherrill
                      <joel.sherrill at oa        Per:      silverio.di at qem.it
                      rcorp.com>               Cc:       rtems-users at oarcorp.com
                                               Oggetto:  Re: Working with Cygwin
                      15/04/03 15.20

silverio.di at qem.it wrote:

> Hi to all,
> I've installed the last Cygwin tool chain and all run fine !
> I've downloaded all RTEMS tool chain for cygwin from CD working directory
!
> I've decompressed all files in root and all files are now on
> /opt/rtems/.......
> I've set the path in cygwin.bat at  :
>   set PATH=%PATH%/opt/rtems/bin;
> so now I can call all my target compilators (386, M68K & SH)
> but when I try to compile this file:
>
> <test.c>
> int main(void)
> {
>   return 0;
> }
>
> I obtain the following error:
>
> $ m68k-rtems-gcc.exe test.c

/OPT/RTEMS/BIN/../lib/gcc-lib/m68k-rtems/3.2.1/../../../../m68k-rtems/bin/ld:

> cannot find -lc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I don't understand what mean and how to solve this.....
> I've missing some other settings, for example some settings to insert in
> bash.rc or in other
> places ?

This works for me.  I just tried i386-rtems. My PATH is set in bash
style of

export PATH=/opt/rtems/bin:$PATH

Add a -v on the gcc command and look at precisely what is invoked for
ld.
I suspect that /OPT/RTEMS != /opt/rtems/ which is what the tools are
configured for.