(Fwd) Re: DOSFS bug fixes, IDE drivers and sample released

Victor V. Vengerov vvv at oktet.ru
Thu Apr 17 07:13:02 UTC 2003

Angelo,

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

>>So the question is.. if I have an open file and want to ensure its
>>contents are written to disk, is it sufficient to sync() or should
>>it flush() and sync() and what?  I think unmounting is a bit too
>>heavy handed because it potentially impacts other tasks.
>>

>To get it to work, I do a listing of the directory. Everything is in sync aftyer I do this.

I think it happens because modified buffers are pushed out to disk
because no
buffers are available. Also, modified buffers are written to the disk by
background
task, therefore data become synchronized after some period of inactivity.
Neverthelesee you must not rely on it, because such behaviour depends on
amount of configured buffers and amount of modified buffers.

Victor

--
Victor V. Vengerov
OKTET Ltd.