icrowindows on RTEMS more...

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Thu Apr 24 18:19:35 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 06:37:09PM -0500, Rosimildo da Silva wrote:

> I am glad that people still using this. <g>

Our new product is using RTEMS and microwindows:

http://www.frye.com/7000.html

(Joel, feel free to link to this from
http://www.oarcorp.com/~joel/rtems/apps.html .)

> For the time being, kept me posted of any changes that you might have
> done, and who knows, one of these days, I'll take a week-end to update
> it. I have not touched RTEMS for quite some time, but I'll might
> rebuid my toolset for rtems soon.

I recently merged up to the official microwindows 0.89 release for my
RTEMS 4.5.0-based m68k target, and still have quite a few local
modifications to the microwindows build system.  I have submitted some
generic speedups which have made it back into the trunk, but I'm also
sitting on some 8bpp-specific speedups that are a bit more involved, and
need to be scrubbed before they get submitted.

I link nano-X straight into the application, and use some linker-magic
to wrap all nano-X calls around an RTEMS mutex to make nano-X
threadsafe.  my goal is to eventually get rid of my homegrown wrappers
and adapt ecos', but I've got a product to polish first.  ;)

I'd be happy to send diffs against 0.89 to any interested parties.

Bert wrote:
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/Microwindows/microwin-0.89/src/drivers'
> scr_rtems.c:24:25: warning: No include path in which to find rtems/mw_fb.h
> input_rtems.c:32:26: warning: No include path in which to find rtems/mw_uid.h
> gsselect_rtems.c:26:26: warning: No include path in which to find rtems/mw_uid.h
> mwselect_rtems.c:25:26: warning: No include path in which to find rtems/mw_uid.h

these are all microwindows drivers, and it appears they have bit-rotted
over time.  you could either fix the existing code, or write your own.
if I recall correctly, we started by taking scr_debug and filling in the
existing stubs.

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com