Multiple ethernet devices

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 17 15:53:55 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill writes:

 > gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I'm beavering away at the 3com driver- based on the Netbsd code so
 > > that everyone will be happy ;) - its to the point where I'm ready to
 > > test sending and receiving packets.  I'm having a little trouble
 > > getting the if interfaces set up.  When I configure all the interfaces
 > > (2 dec units and 2 3com units), the dec boards dc1 and dc2 initialize
 > > and work OK.  The 3com units el1 and el2 both fail saying "Can't set
 > > address: File exists".  The ip addresses and netmasks are OK & valid.
 > > The error is identical if I set up only dc1 and el2.
 >
 > I can't find the string "Can't set address" in the RTEMS source.  Where
 > is it and what call is it printed in response to?
 >
 > My guess is that the name registered by the driver isn't right.

Sorry about that, I was paraphrasing the error, its coming from

cpukit/libnetworking/rtems/rtems_glue.c, line 867

Is there any documentation about where to find the list of drivers
already registered?  I'd guess its something related to that as the
error does not seem associated with the ip/netmask given for the
interface.

Thanks,

Gregm