Test Coverage with gcov

Ricardo Maia ricardojamaia at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:33:29 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have a test suite and I would like to get coverage metrics no only
regarding to my application code but also regarding to the RTEMS code. I am
planning to use gcov for this task.

This means that I also have to compile the rtems with -fprofile-arcs and
-ftest-coverage options, and then build my application with the instrumented
rtems, right?

What Makefiles shall I change?

May I used the same installation directory to have the optimized version of
the RTEMS and the instrumented version?

Where can I get detailed information on how to used gcov with RTEMS?

Thanks,

Ricardo