Licensing questions

Michael Kelly mike at cogcomp.com
Tue Aug 19 00:26:48 UTC 2003

Hello all,

As a new, potential provider of RTEMS BSP's,
I am a bit confused about the licensing.  I have
read the GPL and LGPL licenses, but some
questions remain:

1. Do I have to provide the source to a BSP,
including drivers?  If so, how and when should
this occur?  I have concerns about liability for
early untested (or only partially tested) code.

2. Are network drivers different than the other
drivers since they are part of the BSD stack?

3. I want to include a BSP with each of my
Single Board Computers, but do not want to
support customers unless they are paying for
the support.  What are the accepted practices
for charging a customer when you provide them
with the RTEMS code and/or support?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael J. Kelly