make:***no targets specified and no makefile found

Tue Aug 19 10:50:16 UTC 2003

anand v wrote:

>Hi
>
>i am trying to build an rtems application....the cross
>compilation toolset is installed in the /opt/rtems/bin
>directory and is included in the PATH...and as shown
>below i have set the RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH to
><INSTALL_POINT>/<BOARD_SUPPORT_PACKAGE>
>
>...when i try to run make from the application
>directory...the directory is "hello"..and its contents
>are :
>
>[xxx at yyy]$ cd hello
>[xxx at yyy]$ ls
>....these are the directory contents.....
>hello.doc
>hello.scn
>init.c
>Makefile.am
>Makefile.in
>system.h
>[xxx at yyy]$
>[xxx at yyy]$
>[xxx at yyy]$ export
>RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=opt/rtems/sparc-rtems
>[anand at rtos hello]$ make
>make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.
>Stop.

Looks like the right error to me.  There is no Makefile in that directory.
Those instructions correspond to the sample applications that use the
installed RTEMS image.  They apply to this tarball:

ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/cd-working/examples-4.6.0pre4.tar.bz2