make:***no targets specified and no makefile found

Tue Aug 19 12:30:03 UTC 2003

anand v wrote:
> yeah!!..even i figured out...can u suggest some good
> resources for understanding Makefiles?i mean how to
> infer the contents of one or if required write
> one...thanks!!

The first step is understanding the syntax.  RTEMS uses
GNU make so being familiar with that is a minimum.

If you are editting inside the RTEMS tree, you should
understand automake and autoconf.

There are some conventions on variable names inside Makefile's.
For example, CC is the name of the C compiler.

After that, it becomes more RTEMS specific and you should consider
looking at the Makefiles chapter in the BSP and Device Driver Guide.

http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/bsp_howto/bsp_howto00010.html

That manual also includes descriptions and requirements for
files in the BSP.

A tour of the source tree is included in Chapter 2 of the
Development Environment Guide:

http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/develenv/develenv00002.html