Why do I need dmv177 BSP?

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Aug 20 12:09:03 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 13:24, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I downloaded everything last and tried to compile RTEMS for my new BSP.
> 	I deleted unnecessary (from my point of view) BSPs and left 3 I really need -
> this speeds up bootstrap running.
> 	Configuring passed OK, but "make" stopped and said that there is no dmv177
> BSP, which I really deleted.
> 	Now, in configure.ac in ..libbsp/powerpc I see:
>
> AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([dmv177])
>
> 	I know almost nothing about automake/autoconf. I can restore this directory
> back, but is it really forbidden to delete it?

Which version of RTEMS are you using? rtems-4.6 should be able to handle
this situation.

All that should be required is to do is to run "bootstrap" after having
removed or added a BSP's directory.

In your case,

cd c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc
../../../../../bootstrap

is supposed to do what you intend

[The responsible file is
c/src/lib/libbsp/<CPU>/acinclude.m4 which is used by autoconf and
aclocal when generating configure
bootstrap is supposed to rebuild this acinclude.m4
]

Ralf