GNAT/RTEMS 4.5.0 build error in bit_ada

Dave Richards dave at synergy.org
Sat Aug 23 04:14:38 UTC 2003

I am attempting to build GNAT/RTEMS from source on a Red Hat Linux 8.0
system (i386).  I have been working through the GNAT/RTEMS Getting Started
document, step by step, and am having trouble at the point of running the
bit_ada script.  It appears that the GNAT compiler resident in RH8.0 (which
identifies itself as gcc-gnat-3.2) is unable to build the cross-compiler.
The target I selected is i386, i.e.:

	./bit_ada i386

The build output is below.  Any ideas as to why this is happening?  I have
never succeessfully built GNAT from source either natively or as a
cross-compiler, so I'm a bit in the dark here.

	Thanks in advance!

	Dave

cc -c -g  -gnatpg -gnata -I- -I. -I../../../src/gcc/ada
../../../src/gcc/ada/ada.ads
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: AAMP
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Command_Line_Args
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Denorm
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Functions_Return_By_DSP
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Frontend_Layout
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: High_Integrity_Mode
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Long_Shifts_Inlined
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Machine_Overflows
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Machine_Rounds
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Signed_Zeros
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Use_Ada_Main_Program_Name
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: OpenVMS
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: ZCX_By_Default
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: GCC_ZCX_Support
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Front_End_ZCX_Support
compilation abandoned
make: *** [ada.o] Error 1