Where is debug info?

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Aug 26 16:53:46 UTC 2003

Hello, gurus.
	This must be a simple question...:-))
	I compiled all the last (gcc, gdb, snapshots...) on my RH9 machine for
powerpc. I took the mbx860 BSP and modified some things inside the files
(such as no console, RAM addresses, and similar).
	Now, when I download the hello.exe file into target (via bdm, but this is not
relevant IMHO), I can see only the assembler - no C text.
	I run objdump and received:

[leonp at leonp o-debug]$ powerpc-rtems-objdump -g hello_sym.exe
hello_sym.exe:     file format elf32-powerpc
powerpc-rtems-objdump: hello_sym.exe: no recognized debugging information
[leonp at leonp o-debug]$ powerpc-rtems-objdump -g hello.exe
hello.exe:     file format elf32-powerpc
powerpc-rtems-objdump: hello.exe: no symbols
powerpc-rtems-objdump: hello.exe: no recognized debugging information

	I checked all the build process - each gcc call was with -ggdb and -g
parameters. So, where is the debug info?

	Thanks ahead for any help.

leonp at plris dot com