a strange problem with rtems_io_register_name (from Stan who can't mail to the list)

Thu Aug 28 13:29:53 UTC 2003

Cedric Aubert wrote:
>  hi,
>
>  I use a custom BSP based upon 5206elite.
>  In function console_initialize,
>  rtems_io_register_name("/dev/console, major,
>  0) return RTEMS_TOO_MANY,
>  but in function Init ( main task) it return
>  SUCCESSFUL !
>
>  Note that rtems running properly (several tasks
>  running).
>
>  An idea ?

According to the code, this indicates that mknod()
failed (cpukit/src/imfs/ioman.c).  Can you
break at RTEMS_Malloc_Initialize and see how much
heap you are actually allocating?  I suspect that
you don't have much at all like almost 0. :)

This should be one of the first attempts to malloc
memory in the boot sequence.