a strange problem with rtems_io_register_name

Stan zylog at club-internet.fr
Fri Aug 29 12:42:38 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stan" <zylog at club-internet.fr>
To: "Joel Sherrill" <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: a strange problem with rtems_io_register_name

 In console.c, I have removed rtems_fatal_error_occurred called by
 rtems_io_register
 because io_register_name return RTEMS_TOOMANY.
 In fact, mknod fail with errno = ENOENT.

 In bspstart.c Cpu_table.postdriver_hook has been modified ( = NULL) for to
 avoid
 tests console ( stdout ).

 In test.c ("hello word") , I have added these lines in main task :

     status = rtems_io_register_name ("/dev/console", 0,0);
         if(status != RTEMS_SUCCESSFUL) rtems_fatal_error_occured(status);
     status = rtems_io_register_name ("/dev/aux", 0,1);
         if(status != RTEMS_SUCCESSFUL) rtems_fatal_error_occured(status);

 it return SUCCESSFUL.

 I hope to become clearer ;)

 Stan