MIPS linker error with C++

Fri Aug 22 10:46:34 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 01:16, mikeci at acm.org wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>When I try to link cdtest program this is the linker error:
>>
>>relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16
>>

>>Is there a solution for this problem?
>>

>Which version of binutils, gcc and RTEMS are you using?
>Which BSP?

I remember that my early tests with gcc 3.2.x an binutils 2.14 caused the
mongoosev's start code to not even compile.  Obviously this one is
different.

This error combined with the plothora of new warnings generated by
gcc 3.3.x is one reason I wanted to stay with the current tool revisions
for the release branch.

>Ralf

--joel