Scheduling without Timeslice...

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 1 12:37:20 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have found some trouble with the scheduler without
timeslice.

First thing (it's just a question not a trouble), in
the file
"/c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/bsplibc.c", I have found
that we initialize
the libc in reentrant only if we have
ticks_per_timeslice > 0.
But with preemption, we could have some need of
reentrant without
timeslicing. Am I wrong ?

	void bsp_libc_init(...)
	{
	    if ( BSP_Configuration.ticks_per_timeslice > 0 )
      	  libc_init(1);                /* reentrant if
possible */
	    else
      	  libc_init(0);                /* non-reentrant
*/
	}

Second thing, in the thread idle. This thread is at
prio 255 (lower). I have
build another thread (user task) with prio 255 too.
But this task never been
executed, it was always in READY State but don't
start, in fact, I think,
the idle thread was
executing first and never give cpu usage to the user
task ( because no
timeslice ).
Am I right ? Should have some task with the same prio
that the idle one ?
I try to grow a little the user task and that's works.

Thanks a lot

Cedric