Sh2 and Console

James Yates j.yates at quartzuk.com
Tue Dec 2 15:12:03 UTC 2003

I am working on a BSP for an SH2 board and I am having problems with the /dev/console .
I see that since teh SH2 doesn't have a dedicated console, /dev/console is aliased to one of the sci ports.
This seems to default to /dev/sci0. However, I am trying to get this to be aliased to /dev/sci2 but without
much success. My Console_Port_Tbl in console/config.c contains only one entry, device name being
/dev/sci2 but it still seems to map to /dev/sci0.

   Does anyone have any thoughts? I am full steam ahead at the moment as have just got my BSP to start
working, I'm a newbie to RTEMS but what I have seen is good.

		Many Thanks in advance.

			James Yates