Building RTEMS

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 4 14:20:13 UTC 2003

Chris Sparks writes:
 > Well I noticed that only the RTEMS part changed for pre5 and not the
 > tools so I installed
 > the patch to pre4 to make pre5 and my building seems to be progressing
 > pretty nicely.
 >
 > I am getting excited that I am getting closer to my goal of getting a
 > sample program to run.
 > May not get to it until I get back from SIGAda conference this year.  Is
 > anyone going?  I'd
 > like to swap RTEMS stories.
 >
 > Has anyone done any graphics (VGA, SVGA, whatever) with RTEMS?  I need it.

Rosimildo Da Silva did a port of SVGAlib to RTEMS, but a quick check
of his project page shows its offline- at least from my workstation.
Joel might know where his page is, but I do have the tar.gz and diff
file if its not available elsewhere.  I was hoping to give a try at
porting it to PowerPC over the holidays, we have a cpci vga board
thats otherwise unused.  Its worth mentioning that it appears Mesa
OpenGL can use svgalib as a driver, so its not entirely impossible
that it could be ported to RTEMS too.  Interesting idea...

gregm