flushing TCP socket

Eugene Denisov dea at sendmail.ru
Wed Dec 10 12:13:58 UTC 2003

Hello all.

I'm get a problem with flushing stream socket. My network server is running
under RTEMS and mainly receive data, but rearly it has to send small packets
of data. The problem is the data comes to client with large delay (sometimes
more then 1 minute).
With VxWorks the problem was solved by setting following options

    optval = 1;
    setsockopt (sFd, IPPROTO_TCP, TCP_NODELAY, &optval, sizeof (optval));
    setsockopt (sFd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_KEEPALIVE, &optval, sizeof (optval));

under UNIX the solution was using

    fsync(sock_id)

unfortunately this does not get success in RTEMS.