Microcontroller with many UARTS

Bogic Petrovic boggy at elab.tmf.bg.ac.yu
Tue Dec 16 02:28:52 UTC 2003

Motorola's QUICC MC68360 have six UARTs, and support for master+
multislave mode.
One mc68360 is master with cpu enabled, and
other MC68360 (up to 32, I think, don't remember well, sorry)
have no CPU (enabled) but communication controller RISC works
and all SMCs and SCCs (two SMCs and four SCCs = six UARTs)
is available.
This means that you may have many UARTs with (many?) Motorola QUICC.
Same possibility may have MPC8xx, I think, but I'm not sure.
This one solution is provided only by Motorola's QUICC concept.

Best regards

Bogic Petrovic