Binary is twice bigger

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Dec 23 08:58:36 UTC 2003

Hello, all.
	Some time ago I ported one of my applications from RTEMS version 4.0.3 (also
ported to CodeWarrior in Windows) to RTEMS 4.6 (pre-last snapshot) in Linux.
	I used the basic configuration (without networking) with miniIMFS with RTEMS
API and without any other options (I hope so). I want to remind, that 4.0.3
RTEMS version was a "pure" kernel version yet, without IMFS and Co.
	As the result, I can compare the size of working binary in this 2 cases (both
without optimizations).
	The size of Windows/CodeWarrior version is 173KB. The size of GDB/Linux
version is 349KB - twice bigger!!!

	I am very interested in comments of gurus on the item. Thanks ahead.

--
Leon Pollak
leonp at plris dot com