problems applying rtems gcc patch

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Tue Dec 23 19:03:36 UTC 2003

[replying with an update to my own post...]

>Is this patch failure something I should worry about?
>

>patch --version reports patch 2.5
>under cygwin, uname -r reports 1.5.5(0.94/3/2)
>
>Got to be something silly...what am I doing wrong?

Patches applied properly on my home machine.

So I tried again on the failing system.  I upgraded cygwin, which brought
patch up to 2.5.8.  Then I downloaded the diffs again, thinking that maybe
my brower (Opera) screwed up the transfer.  Took a few tries, but I finally
got fresh new copies.  The patches then applied correctly.

newell