Problem with rtems_task_variable_delete

Wed Dec 10 18:57:52 UTC 2003

Dieter Schaefer wrote:

>>On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:18:32 -0800 (PST), "Fernando RUIZ CASAS" wrote:
>>
>>After browsing in the versions of sources the problem was fixed.
>>

>>http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/rtems/cpukit/rtems/src/tasks.c.diff?r1=1.34&r2=1.35
>>
>>In tasks.c the problem can be isolated again.
>>
>> while (tvp) {
>>     next = tvp->next;
>>     if  (tvp->dtor)
>>         (*tvp->dtor)( tvp->ptr ); <<< HERE the change and the source of the problem.
>>     if (executing == deleted)
>>         *tvp->ptr = tvp->gval;
>>     _Workspace_Free( tvp );
>>
>>Some printk let to show the dtor, the ptr, and more...
>>I can't test it. Sorry.
>>

> Thank's for the hint. I had already modified this before. Unfortunately,
> it's not the solution. Here is what happens ...
> free(...) is called with the correct value
> |-> calles rtems_region_return_segment(...)
>                 |-> calles _RTEMS_Lock_allocator()
>                                 |-> calles _Internal_error_Occured(...)
>                                                |-> calles _BSP_Fatal_error(...)
> -> the end of the world.
> Any ideas, any hints from RTEMS professionals?

Yes.  This should be fixed by the patch attached to PR523.  Try that
and report back.  This patch is commited on the 4.6 branch and will
be in 4.6.0.

> BTW, did someone manage to run *all* spxx tests on a mbx8xx board
> successfully? Would be interesting to know if they all work with the
> unmodified BSP supplied in the source tree (rtems-4.6.0pre5)

I have a few patches which allow allow the sptests and tmtests to pass.
A few of the tests are broken in target independent ways.  I have
modifications in my 4.6 working tree which do not yet have a PR filed.
They impact these files so you can expect the corresponding tests
to fail.  At this point, no other tests are thought to have problems:

  libtests/malloctest/system.h
  libtests/rtmonuse/system.h
  sptests/sp07/Makefile.am
  sptests/sp07/init.c