How do I download now

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Dec 23 22:13:52 UTC 2003

Chris Sparks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use my Disk On Chip to load my RTEMS application or even
> use it for my loader.
> Since I am using the PC 686 BSP I would like to know more of how the
> BIOS knows where to go to boot from.  From what I am reading it looks like it will go to the
> MBR of the disk or floppy being use.  My setup doesn't have any floppies, HD, or network boots.
 > All I have is a 16 MB Disk On Chip and a Compact Flash card.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I used some DOC devices a few years ago. I think it maps code into a
real mode region like a network boot ROM does and this aids the booting.
I am not sure if it did the loading or emulated a floppy disk type
device. It just worked. I was using FreeBSD and Linux.

I think the devices came with a FAT format and you could boot DOS if you
loaded it onto the device. If you can get this to work I seem to
remember meantion of a way to load RTEMS from a DOS command line prompt.

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au